Monday, April 6, 2009

Night Photography


I will be the first to admit that there is SO much I don't know about night photography, but it so much fun! Friday night I was on a night hike on the Linda Vista trail and got the two above pictures. The first I was trying to focus on the mountain, the second I wanted to get the constellations. I tried 25 seconds for my shutter and that worked so I stuck with it.

Because I was posting my two hiking pictures I thought I would share these lunar eclipse photos that I took awhile back, again nothing super but I had a lot of fun, I think I was on the phone with my dad the whole time - he made sure I didn't miss it.


Now this one was taken on film and scanned in after it had been scratched and fuzzed - so I know it isn't the best quality - however, it has to be one of my all time favorite pictures! Rachel and I were driving through the Salt River Canyon when I got the idea to stop and record the car headlights traveling down the canyon, I took a few pictures, each lasting about 5-7 minutes. It was pitch dark and we kept hearing random noises that totally freaked us out - but I got my shot! I will have to reprint it one day and scan it in again.

No comments:

Post a Comment